Sunday, June 25, 2006

Where is Jay Webb when you need him?

Things I wanted to hear while driving during a flash-flood warning:

- how the traffic was on my current path (I66-East)
- why there are fire vehicles whizzing by (accidents?)
- new construction patterns - a heads up would have been nice

Things I didn't like hearing while driving during a flash-flood warning:

- "If you don't have to be out on the roads, driving, walking, PLEASE stay inside."
- (radio reporter in the District) - "I'm lucky because I know the roads, but there are cars stopped everywhere since visibility is so limited."
- "Route 28 to Dulles is blocked by standing water... if you're flying out tonight or picking someone up, please use the access road."
- "Fairfax City, Fairfax County, and your house in particular, Ms. Dovel, are all under a flash-flood warning until 11:30 p.m."

With a little bit of luck and some help from the Man upstairs, I made it home safely tonight. I have officially decided I will work from home tomorrow, as Mondays are the best day to do that.

Be safe out there, kids.

1 Comments:

At 1:42 PM, Blogger sweetassgrandma said...

I feel your pain. It's hard living outside the Webb Nation even when you're just driving to C'ville.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home