Friday, October 28, 2005

DC Traffic... on a Friday at 5 p.m.

On Fridays when I am going out of town (which let's face it, is basically every week), I try to leave work around 4 / 4:15... Just to give myself a head start. Hoping that by 5, I will at least be somewhat out of northern Virginia. The trip to my parents house, which should take 1:45, ends up taking 3:00.

And I always get the same response when I'm home at 7 p.m. (having left at 4, this is not what we call "making good time").

"You made good time!"

I always reply with... "Not for leaving at 4 o'clock.." When my usual drive is doubled, that is the most lousy time I could possibly make. And I have this thing.. this tick if you will.. where I have to make the best time I can. If I get held up in traffic / construction / inclement weather, at some point during that trip, I will somehow manage to speed just enough to "make up" for any time I may have lost. This is not always successful though, for example, today.

But I am home - back at my parents for a weekend of taking baths, sleeping in a queen bed... and actually being able to do laundry. Oh - best of all - NO TRAFFIC! I love it here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home