Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Things I Learned From Elliot

Oddly enough, it wasn't until I moved to the DC metro area that I heard the state of Maryland pronounced, "Murahland." You should think those jack-knife hillbillies in the Shenandoah Valley would mispronounce it if anyone would.

But then comes Elliot last week (of DC 101's morning show) talking to VA Tech football coach Frank Beamer. Even Frank Beamer said Murahland, as in, he was nervous his Hokies were going to get their tails handed to them by... ha ha

Another thing Frank said, that made me laugh and also connected the dots for me, was that he follows Nascar. Cool? Yeah. Then Elliot asks who he follows.

His answer?

Jeff Gordon.. he has connections to Virginia Tech.. blah blah..

Nice!

I should have known Mr. Beamer liked the gayest driver. It all makes sense now!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home