Tuesday, February 07, 2006

There is much joy in living with me? I'm Ron Burgundy?

The theme of tonight's post comes from a recent comment that my roommate posted on my myspace page:

"i have much bloy in living with you. i think you might be drunk from osmosis, doval. sometimes i wish people could sit in our living room to see what you're like in the evenings. yes, shovel, the party never ends. "

Let's dig a little deeper into the meaning of this comment, shall we?

bloy - also known as "joy" as in "Joy to the fishes in the deep blue sea. Joy to you and me." Except the girl on American Idol tonight said "Bloy to you and me..." like she forgot the words.

drunk from osmosis - Re likes to kick back and have a few every now and again... or daily.

doval - On a recent email sent to my entire team at work (about 50+ people), I noticed that my last name was misspelled on our new and improved org chart - Doval. Either that or they've hired someone with a very similar name and have yet to tell me I'm fired.

shovel - Weird and embarrassing "nickname" from high school / college / and present day. I'll share that story in a later post.

And finally - the party never ends ... Tonight Rita got to hear me brag about "rollerblading in my dorm in college" and how I wore these black spandex shorts with an *Nsync tee shirt (the spandex shorts as a joke / the tee shirt because I LOVED them)... The floor I lived on in college was in the shape of a V so once I got to the end of the hall, I had to stop, turn around, and rollerblade back. I soon came up with an idea that all college dorms should be circular in shape. That way, I could really have a great workout by rollerblading around and around ... never having to turn around and therefore never "lose momentum."

I will show Rita my rollerblades this weekend, for which I owe thanks to Amanda Lupica, who gave them to me when she saw how happy I was wearing them. I have never worn them on anything other than carpet so I'm probably not great. But they are black with neon green laces and in my book, that qualifies me as h-o-t!

Until then,

I hope you know I'm kidding. (About being hot). Goodnight!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home